Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Art and Math Art and Geometry

I had a hard time with math as many of us have, but I found that I love geometry in nature and in art. That is  the way for me to get into math. Picasso was into geometry his cubism was right there on geometry. Many of my works are titled geo this and geo that. I have been teaming up with Professor Benjamin Wells and giving presentations on math and art  in his freshman math classes at the University of San Francisco. I have been doing this for years now. It was really scarey at first but now I enjoy researching how my art relates to mathematics. I was even invited to do art and math at the San Francisco Jail! It went well! When you look at my art on my website: http://www.leroyparker.com, you can clearly see the connection with geometry.  I was asked serve on Andrew Lutz's Graduate committee  for his Masters Degree in Painting at San Jose State. Andrew is a physicist who is of the Stanford Research team. We would talk about higher ideas the philosophy of physics and Andrew knew that I enjoyed these discussions. All the while I was thinking: " I flunked out of math in high school but I love this stuff!  It is beautiful! I like approaches to learning that are out  of the box. I like breaking paradigms. I read Joel Barker's book "Paradigms" Check it out because I will be talking about paradigms a lot. Well I read the Tao and the book: "The Tao Of Physics." I like to draw in terms of math. Well I will talk to some more later.   Best Leroy Parker  artmanlikepicasso

No comments:

Post a Comment