Thursday, April 5, 2012

Some fresh fun and exciting about me and my Van making art

 Well it all started with me driving so much that I wore my break  rotors down and had to have them replaced.  That cost a bit. However when saw those old shiny rotors I said to the repair man: "I would like to keep those and make art with them!" "Whaaat?!! He asked. Yes I said. "Put them in the back of my van." They were heavy but the inner rims were clean bright and shiny. Why, they were perfect circles and I could see that I would be making mono-type prints with them. Oh I printed those rotors on my pants, on my shirts and on the surfaces of my anticipatory-preparatory canvases and handmade paper.  wearing the clothes with the rotors printed  was like auto parts and body parts!  The human machine and the man made machine in collaboration! My  commuter car finally making a pay-back. The brake job cost 298.00  Well I sold a large painting with my van rotors printed on it for 1,800.00! I also sold a painting with a figure and that rotor printed on it for 400.00! I now have a sweat shirt that I wear. It has a part of my van's old  water pump printed on it!  It looks a little like this>> *.... Well more about this soon.  All my best Art man like Picasso Leroy Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment